Opening Weekend Schedule
These are the main events taking place during the PhotoIreland Festival Opening Weekend, 2-5 July:
Thursday 2 July
6pm – Official Launch and reception, at Oonagh Young Gallery, 1 James Joyce Street, Dublin 1.
• Dominic Hawgood, Under the Influence, at Oonagh Young Gallery, 1 James Joyce Street, Dublin 1.
• Katrin Koenning, Fieber, at The LAB, Foley Street, Dublin 1.
• Group Show, (‘It’s Kind of Like) Telephone’, at ArtBox, 3 James Joyce Street, Dublin 1.
Friday 3 July
10am-5pm – Portfolio Reviews at The LAB, Foley Street, Dublin 1.
7pm – Eamonn Doyle’s Book Launch at The Library Project, 4 Temple Bar Street, Dublin 2
Saturday 4 July
11am-2pm Talks at D-Light Studios, 46 North Great Clarence Street, Dublin 1.
• 11am – Stacey Baker on Photography and working for The New York Times Magazine.
• 11.45am – The industrious Photobook: from zero to hero. Dieter Neubert (Fotobook Kassel ), Heidi Romano (Photobook Melbourne), Beate Cegielska & Moritz Neumüller (Photobook Week Aarhus), joined by photographer Jan McCullough, winner of the Fotobook Kassel Dummy Award 2015.
• 12.30pm – Katrin Koenning, introducing her work Fieber, on show at The LAB.
• 1pm – Claire Monneraye on contemporary Australian Photography and the Australian Centre for Photography.
6pm – Jigeum, Korean Photography and Photobooks, at South Studios, 27 New Row South, Dublin 8.
8pm – Special Evening at The Copper House Gallery, St Kevin’s Cottages, Off Synge Street, Dublin 8
• Christiane Peschek, 13 Kinder, solo show winner of last years Portfolio Reviews.
• Island-Australia, Curated by Claire Monneraye, Australian Centre for Photography.
• Asia Pacific Photobook Archive, with selected books from the collection.